Flexidock NOT in the news
Our phones have been ringing hot lately regarding an inflatable dry docking system that’s been in the news lately for all the wrong reasons. This post is simply to assure our current and potential Flexidock customers that it isn’t our dock that has been failing. The failed dock is a competitor brand and has nothing to do with us. A failed dock, an annoyed marina, court cases and small business tribunals are not good for our very small industry and a customer issue can tarnish ourselves and other manufacturers.
Our thoughts are with the owner who has not received the customer service they deserve for such a significant investment.
A few things ensure we remain true to our core values and retain happy customers:
- We manufacturer EVERTHING in Australia. We are not importers of finished product. We employ a dedicated team of skilled welders in Melbourne to ensure that our product is perfect. A recent independent pressure test on our Diesel Bladders demonstrates our commitment to excellence.
- Flexidock does not use an inflatable perimeter! By not using an inflatable perimeter, Flexidocks are not susceptible to the issues that are being highlighted in recent media articles.
Late last year we announced our new Flexidock model and our new standardised offer that ensures a strong perimeter:
We improved Flexidock’s perimeter through a semi-inflatable system that incorporates all the benefits of Flexidock’s rectangular design. A bolt together tubing system, with the Flexidock liner and all peripherals then attached to this system, makes the perimeter stronger and installation easier and quicker.
The system is available in eight standard sizes, ranging in sizes to suit vessels from 21 to 50 feet, however we still offer a custom design solution should it be requested. Flexidocks for boats over 50 feet in length will remain custom designed, as will yacht and catamaran sleeve designs.
- Flexidock™ is manufactured from a 1400gsm oil boom urethane polymer fabric in grey, and every Flexidock™ is designed and manufactured in Melbourne, Australia.
- Flexidock™ offers an above-deck, 125-litre pump with flow switches and timers to check for water ingress (available in 240 volt only). This means there are NO electrical cables or critical pump motors under water, and in the (unlikely) event of a pump issue, access is quick and easy, right there at the deck.
- Every Flexidock™ is supplied with a semi-automatic inflation and deflation air pump
- Flexidock™ is supplied (standard) with an internal welded mesh netting system. The mesh netting ensures your boat floats on a layer of air when in the dry-dock position, and it also ensures you never experience hydrolysis between the Flexidock™ underwater sleeve and your boat's hull, which WILL occurr without a mesh layer included in the liner.
- The Flexidock™ underwater sleeve will NEVER hard vacuum against your boat’s hull or underwater components.
If there is anything further you want to discuss about Flexidock, or to quell concerns you have about our system versus failing inflatable systems, please call our office in Melbourne directly on +61 (0) 3 9548 4700.