Since 1984, Flexitank (Australia) has been at the very forefront of inflatable lift bag technology for the purpose of salvage and flotation. Flexitank (Australia) design, engineer and manufacture a sophisticated range of inflatable lift bags for a multitude of applications and industries.
Flexitank is a trusted partner worldwide to salvage, shipping and defence sectors, as well as the offshore oil and gas industry, offering an extensive range of off-the-shelf enclosed, parachute and pillow style inflatable bags to address some of the world's most demanding salvage and flotation challenges.
Ranging from 250kg dive bags, to heavy duty helicopter flotation devices for the Australian Navy, to twenty tonne parachute bags, Flexitank (Australia) offer a range of inflatable salvage and floatation lift bags that mean our clients have complete trust in our solutions. This is thanks to our know how, keen eye for detail, and a proven manufactured range of inflatable bags that meet their requirements, no matter how great they are.
Every Flexitank lift bag is designed, manufactured and tested to meet strict IMCA D-016 regulations for the use of inflatable salvage and flotation lift bags.
Flexitank inflatable lift bags provide a vast range of technical and commercial advantages:
- Optimised to transport and to stow: around 500t of buoyancy can fit into a 20ft container; an incredible 1000t of buoyancy can be shipped in a single 40ft container;
- Can be taken subsea deflated, and only inflated to provide buoyancy as and when required;
- Operational flexibility via remote, user-controlled, variation of total buoyancy;
- Easy to handle: mass to buoyancy ratio of approximately 1%, so a 5t enclosed lift weighs only 45kg (99lbs);
- Low ongoing maintenance requirements and very easily repairable if the need ever arises;
Additionally, Flexitank inflatable lift bags offer an unrivalled group of further advantages:
- Fully compliant with IMCA D-016 (currently the only Australian based manufacturer to be offering this compliance);
- Every lift bag is manufactured from high performance, European manufactured 920gsm PVC in safety orange or yellow;
- Proven track history across a multitude of industry with 30 years of manufacturing knowhow;
- Hot air welded seams and RF-welded closure points, with high quality and load-assured strops and connectors, all with full traceability back to our source;
- All attached strops and lifting points are sewn and welded to every bag. Our strops are designed for full loading in both vertical and horizontal loads;
- Stock of most sizes held in house, therefore offering the ability for express shipment worldwide via traditional air freight avenues for emergency situations;
Flexitank offer three types of inflatable lift bags for the purpose of salvage and flotation:
Cylindrical enclosed lift bags:
|Code||Capacity (kg)||Capacity (lb)||Diametre (mm)||Length (mm)||Number of lifting points|
2,500kg cylindrical enclosed lift bags have also been fully developed to Australian Defence Force standards for the purpose of helicopter flotation and are available as a ready to use item for this application – contact us to discuss.
Pillow shape enclosed lift bags:
|Code||Capacity (kg)||Capacity (lb)||Length (mm)||Width (mm)||Number of lifting points *|
*All Flexitank enclosed pillow lift bags have one lifting point at the bottom of the bag
Parachute type open ended lift bag:
|Code||Capacity (kg)||Capacity (lb)||Diametre (mm)||Length (mm)|
- Small Flexitank parachute lift bags (250kg – 1000kg) are filled from the open bottom parachute design;
- Large Flexitank parachute lift bags (2 tonne – 10 tonne) are supplied with one ¾” inlet with either cam lock or claw (storz) coupling depending on our client’s requirements;
- Manual dump valve with hose extender to allow for simple operation away from the parachute lift bag;
- Standard safe working ration of 6:1 (compliant to IMCA D-016);
- 920gsm European PVC with heavy duty cloth giving it superior tensile strength;
- 1” inlet and outlets with manual dump valves and either cam lock or claw (storz) depending on our client’s requirements;
- Pressure relief valves with function set at 2 PSI above ambient pressure;
- Heavy duty webbing straps with lifting points with Dee of bow shackles (at our client’s direction);
- Heavy duty webbing straps with a single lifting point with a Dee of bow shackle (at our client’s direction);
- Reusable valise bag; and,
- Certificates of conformance.
In addition to our standard service, Flexitank also offer a complete made to order customisation service, where we will tailor make inflatable lift bags to our client’s specifications and overall requirement. Please contact us to discuss.
All Flexitank Inflatable Lift Bags are sold through our highly experienced team in Melbourne, Australia.
Any Flexitank Inflatable Lift Bags can be transported easily and very economically anywhere in the world.
To discuss your Lift Bag needs and requirements, simply contact us through our online form, email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +61 (0) 3 9548 4700 and the team will be more than happy to assist you with your requirements.
View our Online Store ›
Request a Quote ›